COLLEGE STATION, Texas –The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will meet Thursday, Feb. 12 at 9 a.m. in the Board of Regents Meeting Room on the campus of Texas A&M University.
The meeting will immediately recess to executive session and will reconvene in open session at 1 p.m. in the Bethancourt Grand Ballroom in the Memorial Student Center to consider action on the following items:
- Appointment of the President of Texas A&M University-San Antonio;
- Appointment of the Sole Finalist for Director of the Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory;
- Appointment of the A&M System Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs;
- Appointment of the A&M System Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications;
- Approval for construction for the Texas A&M University Engineering Education Complex project;
- Approval for construction for the completion of the Texas A&M Corps Dorm Renovation project;
- Authorization to execute a lease of two parcels of land and the existing Traditions Hall for privatized on-campus housing at Tarleton State University.
The board will hear remarks regarding:
- Chairman’s remarks (includes welcome, recognitions, and system member highlights) – Phil Adams, Chairman of the Board;
- Chancellor’s remarks (includes system member accomplishments, academic program highlights and important research initiatives) — John Sharp, Chancellor.
A copy of the full meeting agenda will available at http://www.tamus.edu/regents/meetingmaterials/regular/.
About the A&M System
The A&M System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $3.8 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies, two service units and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 131,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. Externally funded research expenditures exceed $820 million and help drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Therese (Terry) McDevitt