COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will convene at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, August 23, at the Board Annex, Board Meeting Room, Gene Stallings Boulevard and immediately recess to executive session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at the H.D. Smith Operations Complex, Building 25, Brayton Fire Training Field, 1595 Nuclear Science Road at approximately 2:30 p.m. During the public meeting, the Board will discuss Texas A&M University’s cancellation of a proposed September 11 event and consider possible action on a resolution regarding the cancellation.
The board also will consider action on several agenda items, including the following:
- Approval of Fiscal Year 2018 Operating Budgets, A&M System
- Approval of System Capital Plan for FY 2018 – FY 2022, A&M System
- Approval for construction of the Agriculture Building #5, Texas A&M University
- Approval for construction of the Music Activities Center Project, Texas A&M
- Approval for construction for the Memorial Football Stadium Renovation and Expansion Project, Tarleton State University
- Establishment of the RELLIS Gateway Education Center, A&M System
- Establishment of the Center for Grand Strategy, Texas A&M
- Adoption of a resolution honoring George C. Wright as President of Prairie View A&M University and bestowing the title of President Emeritus
- Approval of revisions to Policy 07.03, Conflicts of Interest, Dual Office Holding and Political Activities
- Approval of revisions to Policy 33.03, Nepotism
- Authorization for the Interim President to negotiate and execute an employment contract with the Vice President and Director of Athletics, Prairie View A&M
- Appointment of President of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Authorization for Chairman to negotiate and execute an extension of employment agreement with the Chancellor
Meetings of the Board of Regents of The Texas A&M University System are open to the public except for any posted executive session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
A copy of the full meeting agenda can be found at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/meetingmaterials/regular/
The meeting may be viewed live at https://www.tamus.edu/regents/live-streams/
About The Texas A&M University System
The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $4.55 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities and seven state agencies, the Texas A&M System educates more than 148,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceeded $972 million in FY 2016 and helped drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Laylan Copelin
Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications
(512) 289-2782 cell