BRYAN, COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents has designated 14 faculty members and 13 agency service, extension or research professionals within the A&M System as Regents Professors and Regents Fellows for their exemplary performance during 2022-2023.
“From research to service, these individuals’ accomplishments over the last year exemplify the A&M System’s commitment to finding solutions and serving Texas,” said Bill Mahomes, Chairman of The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents. “I hope their example will inspire others.”
The Board established the Regents Professor Awards program in 1996 and the Regents Fellow Service Awards program in 1998 to recognize employees who have made extraordinary contributions to their university, or agency, as well as to the people of Texas.
This year’s recipients of the Regents Professor Award are:
- Dr. Ananda S. Amarasekara, Prairie View A&M University
- Dr. Gary Bigham, West Texas A&M University
- Dr. Ann O. Bowman, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Satish T.S. Bukkapatnam, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Noah D. Cohen, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Dilma Da Silva, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Kim E. Dooley, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Maribel González-García, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Dr. Derald A. Harp, Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Dr. Stephen Maren, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Jon T. Skare, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Michael R. Waters, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Joshua C. Watson, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Dr. Thomas H. Welsh, Jr., Texas A&M University
This year’s recipients of the Regents Fellow Award are:
- Dr. Juan Reymundo Anciso, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Dr. Kevin N. Balke, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Dr. Rukeia Draw-Hood, Prairie View A&M University Cooperative Extension Program
- Dr. Joseph N. Dunn, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Dr. William L. Eisele, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Ms. Kathy Farrow, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Dr. Martin Ficken, Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Ms. Jackquenett Goetz, Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Dr. Jaehak Jeong, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Dr. Cindy Lawley, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Ms. Vicki Newlin, Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Mr. Ronald K. Taylor, Jr., Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
- Mr. Bruce V. Woods, Texas A&M Forest Service
The selection process for the awards begins with a call for nominations from the chancellor. Final nominations are put forth to the chief executive officer of each respective entity. They are then subject to a system-level review consisting of academic vice chancellors and past recipients of the awards. Finally, nominations are forwarded to the chancellor and the board for final approval.
To date, 306 Texas A&M system faculty members have been recognized with the Regents Professor Award and 188 agency professionals have received the Regents Fellow Service Award.
About The Texas A&M University System
The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $7.8 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, a comprehensive health science center, eight state agencies, and the RELLIS Campus, the Texas A&M System educates more than 153,000 students and makes more than 23 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceed $1 billion and help drive the state’s economy.
Contact: Laylan Copelin
Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications
(512) 289-2782 cell